Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dun like Primary school

One of my niece is in P1 this year, the other niece and nephew will be registering for P1 this year. The 2 that are in K2 had some feedback from their teachers, saying that they are not able to catch up with their peers. Being parents, when you get this feedback, first thing to do is to source for enrichment class. So they are now in P1 preparatory class from 7-9pm on weekdays. I really feel for them, after a long day in cc, then enrichment class, poor kids.

Had a casual chat with P on or way home. I like driving home with her, just 2 of us, so we can have mommy n daugther chat.
Me: Next year, this time you b registering for P1 just like KorKor and Xiao jie jie, are u excited?
P: I dun wan to go primary school, i dun like primary school
Me: (i m shocked with her answer) But why, u never been to a primary school yet
P: I dun like
Me: There is playground in primary school
P: I dun like, there is no slide in primary school playground
Me: Is it? I never been to a primary school in spore yet. Is that why you dun like primary?
P: Go primary 1 need to learn alot of words, i dun like. I wana play.

At that moment, I felt like i been slapped by someone. Has i been giving her too much pressure without noticing it? Am i starting to become a KS mother? One part of me wan her to enjoy her childhood, play and play and enjoy. But the other part of me are worried abt her not being able to catch up with her peers when in primary.....

No comments:

Post a Comment