Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tiger Mother

Cant wait to get my paw on this book 'Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother' by Amy Chua, a Yale law professor who is married to a Jewish. This book talks abt the different of Chinese parenting compared to the westerner.

Will i be a tiger mommy? I m not sure yet, perhaps when i m succumb to pressure, will i? But I hope i will never be a tiger mommy, cos i would not want to follow my parents' footstep. I want P to enjoy her childhood, she doesnt have to score straight As and yet i will still love her :) There is no right or wrong parenting, as long as it works for the kids? Like what my mom said, '爱是不需要说出口的', 那行动可以吧? I m nt sure, but i know my P is a very affectionate girl, she will hug n kiss you whenever she likes. When i pretending to b asleep, she will crawl next to me n kiss me on my forehead then pat me to sleep, and i like being 'sayang' by her :)

Just a few night ago, my dad commented that P doesnt recognise her 123. I m happy that she can count from 1 to 10 using her fingers. I m nt goin to push her to be academic incline yet, as i dont want her to hate books at a young age. We have known a few parents, who sent their kids to all sort of enrichment classes, i feel tired for the kids. Their weekend are filled with one enrichment classes after the other... Weekend to me is for family bonding and relaxing, where P will have fun with her cousins, playing with play dough, running amok in the house, laughing none stop till someone complained tummy ache, her fav activity is to shower with her cousins, washing each others back. I enjoy sitting on the sofa just looking at them play, so carefree :) Sometimes i wish i can be like them :) For the old one like us, weekend is time for us to gather ard catching up while playin mahjong and food is also one of the reason for gathering :)

Tiger mom, maybe not........ I wana be a penguin mom :) ATM, taking care of P will b your job, thanks penguin papa and dun complain, at least u dun have to hatch the egg in cold... haha

Baby Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment