Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

DnD

P will have her first DnD in CC this wed, instead of dinner it will be lunch. The dress code for the even is either yellow, white or brown the colour will represent duck, dove or dog/donkey. And they all start will the letter D. Learning alphabets can be so fun... When she was learning the letter C, they make cookies. If only teachers were this creative, i m sure i will not cry my way out of school.

During my time, i cried for 2 days in kindy and the teacher told my mom to bring me home. At that time i was only 5 yo. That means i never attended any class prior to Primary one. I learnt my alphabets 2 weeks before i started P1, I still remembered my dad with the cane forcing me to write my name.

Kids today are lucky, teachers are getting very creative and not to mention patience. From my personal observation, i think P is a mixture kinesthetic and visual learner. I think it is time to dig out my notes on theory of multiple intelligences by Howard Gardner, to read again but this time it is nt for exam purposes. I used to have a set of alphabet cut out from sandpaper for sensory stimulation, but sad to say i think i lost it when moving house. So instead, i got the letterland frieze and stick it on the wall, to encourage P to use her finger to draw on the alphabet. I think tt is why she always like to say, i can draw your name instead of write. P is ok with her uppercase but when it comes to lower case, b, d, p, q, m, n, u and w are difficult for her. I hope this is a common problem in children at this age. I hope it is not dyslexia which ATM thinks i m just being paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment