Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bilingual or Trilingual

ATM has been asking if we should expose P to Bahasa Melayu. Personally i m not sure, eventhough i m trilingual educated. Can a person really master 3 languages? After leaving Brunei 15y ago, i stop speaking Bahasa Melayu, even now i m quite rusty, i can understand but spoke with very limited vocab. Now my only practise i have is with the cleaning lady in my office and the cleaning lady and cook in P's cc.

When N was still in cc, P learnt a few malay words from her. The few malay words that she is exposed to is when we talked to my grandma. Being a peranakan myself, i m quite ashame of myself as i dun speak very well in the language. Perhaps watching Suria, TV 2 and TV 3 is a good start.

Then we will start asking, how abt dialects. P is exposed to cantonese since she is watching TVB serials with me. I learnt my cantonese from tv, nt complaining abt it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment