Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Connecting LEDs to Battery Supplies

Any girls out there know how to do it? Been DIY-ing miniature houses/frames, most of the come with LEDs. I tried connecting them, but none bloody lights up at all.... Asked ATM to help, since he is a guy and majoring in electrical. Ptui, hopeless, he just told me, the LEDs spoilt and dun even bother to help me at all..... After all the frustation, i googled it.... then i realised LEDs has -ve n +ve terminal. I remembered asking ATM how to identify them if i need to connect them, he just tell me is ok just anyhow connect. Argh... double comfirm man cant be trusted.... Will try again tonight, keep my finger cross.....

Why do i bother with the lights, cos they add finishing touch to the miniature settings....

2 comments:

  1. The shorter one is usually the negative. It looked like a bit chipped off, compared to the positive end (more rounded). Also, for LED, you need resistors connected in series to the circuit. The resistor value can be calculated depending on the voltage of your LED. Otherwise, the LEDs will blow off easily due to the overpowering current.

    I happen to research on this LED wiring when me and my colleague want to DIY those idol LED boards.

    ReplyDelete